1. Combine and let sit for 90 mins:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (italian parsley, basil, mint, cilantro, or a mix)
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tsp of black peppercorns, ground on the coarsest setting
- 3 tbsp quality olive oil
- A very very small amount of red pepper flakes. Like, a few flakes.
If using filled pasta, you can probably up it to ~275-300g.
Retain some pasta water if you're using a colander. I just strain the noodles loosely with a wooden spoon and use the water that wants to stay in the pot but that is also a good way to burn yourself.
3. Combine everything above with:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (usually what I get from 1/2 a good lemon)
- A sprinkle of salt
- Pasta water as needed.
- So much pepper. If you have a mortar and pestle, you can ground the pepper by hand to get some more fun pepper bombs in there. Do not use pre-ground pepper.